Wow! June has come and gone and we are still playing baseball!! Will and Drew both were chosen for the tournament team in both of their leagues so June was made up of many days spent at the ball park! The tournaments were June 26-July 1. Will’s team, the Pre-Minor Americans, played here in Troy which was rather convenient however, Drew’s team, the Coach Pitch Nationals, played in Luverne. I missed Will’s 1st game and his last but was at every one of Drew’s games. Will’s team went undefeated in the tournament and is the District 9 champs. They advanced to the Dixie Youth State tournament that will be in Athens, Alabama July 17-21. Drew’s team came out of the loser’s bracket to play in the championship game! The Enterprise Americans beat the Troy Nationals in the 2nd game. We played the Enterprise Nationals and Troy Americans and beat them only to end up having to play the Enterprise Americans again. They came into the championship game undefeated. We gave them a run for their money and beat them in game one to force game 2 for the Sub-District title. Our boys fought hard but lost in the 6th inning 11-10. We came in 2nd place and we were proud of it!!
Since the tournaments were over and Will got a little break from baseball practice we headed to the beach for the 4th. We really didn’t do anything special but swim all day long every day we were there. On the 4th, Deeda did take us on the boat up to the Ono bridge were the water is real shallow and boats anchor and spend the day. The kids had fun! Deeda and the boys watched the fireworks from the deck but Kate and I were in the bed at 9:00. I was tired and so what that baby girl! I hope you all had a great 4th and I hope you all have a great summer!
Kate has added a little hip action to her "Single Ladies" dance!!

2 comments:
Will and Drew look like teenagers in those baseball uniforms! Congrats on all of their accomplishments this summer! They're all growing up. I love Kate's dance videos! Too cute.
Love Ya!
So funny...why is she so cute? The pictures of the kids are great!
Post a Comment