Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Troy Pre-Minors place 2nd in State
So we didn't win the State Championship but we are the only team that beat the State Champions, South Bibb! Our team just couldn't get it together for our last game. Will and DQ were both sick and the rest of our players were getting that way too. We have all come home with some type of virus. But over all we had the BEST time! The team lost their first game and fought their way back to the end. South Bibb beat us 12-1 in our last game. So out of the Pre-Minor teams in the State, we tied for 2nd! I think that is an awesome accomplishment for 8 year olds! The hardest part now is trying to get our life back as we knew it before baseball! Every week night since June 9th Will has practiced baseball. We were at the ballpark every night. We have gone and gone and gone and without warning it has stopped. I feel lost. I never in a million years believed that I would have enjoyed tournament ball as much as I did! I made many new friends and spent more time with old friends and made many great memories that will last a lifetime! I can not thank our coaches enough for being such positive role models for our kids. They have learned so much more than the game of baseball from these men. Not only were we playing for a State Title, but we were also raising money for the Miracle League here in Troy. Throughout tournament play, we had 258 hits and 23 of those were Will's!! Thanks to all of you for your support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment