Monday, September 27, 2010

Back to Work

Well my friends, after almost 11 years I have finally gone back to work outside of the house. I began September 21 at Troy Elementary School as an Instructional Aide in the Computer Lab. I had a great 1st week. I see every child in our school 1 time a week for 30 minutes (1st & K 2 times). It is a busy schedule but it goes by so fast and I love being with all the children and helping them learn how to get along in the 21st century.

I know you are all wondering why with 4 kids I would go back to work. Well, I was extremely bored. All of my friends here work and Kate goes to pre-school 3 days a week and in Troy there is just not much to do! I get to go to school with the boys and see them but I really miss my time with Kate. Luckily, I didn't have to put her in full time day care. If I would have had to, I do not think I could have gone back. She goes to pre-school Monday and Wednesday until 12 and Jason will pick her up and she will stay with mom and then on Tuesday and Thursday she stays at school until 2:30 and mom picks her up. On Fridays she is staying with mom. This will just be for the month of October. My housekeeper is retiring from her other job November 1st and then she will keep Kate Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have convinced myself that Kate will be ok even though I am not staying with her until she starts Kindergarten. I have been with her and just her for the majority of her 3 years of life. Since she is so attached to me, I think this will be good for her.

The other great thing about my new job is that Jason will now save close to 10,000 a year in his paycheck. Yes honey, that is what we pay in health insurance. What he paid in one week at the truck lines, I pay that plus$78 more dollars a month!! Wow!! It is like he is getting a raise!! It is going to take a little getting adjusted to, but once we do, It is going to be great!

post signature

2 comments:

The Pughs said...

Elly - that is so exciting! I know you are great at it.

Katie said...

Hey Elly! I feel like a stranger - Heather actually passed your news along to me! She said she read it on FB. Guess that's what I get for being the only person on the Earth still not on there huh? Congrats to you on the new job! That's super exciting and what a great place to be! TES was the best place I ever worked. Nothing ever measured up. Have fun. I know you'll be awesome at that....Mommies are always the best teachers. Love to all of you!