Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ben's 1st Major Injury


Ben had his 1st major injury on October 23. Mom and I took Kate to the Holiday Market in Montgomery and left Jason at home with the boys. When we were on our way home I got a call from Jason wanting to know where I was, he said he thought Ben had broken his arm and he was taking him to the ER. He sent the boys to Billy and Richelle's and took him on. I got home and mom took Kate and then got Will and Drew and I went on to the ER. He got an x-ray and indeed it was broken and it was it right arm on top of that!! They put it in a splint and sent us home to follow up with the doctor on Monday. Monday afternoon we saw Dr. Littel and he recommended Ben come in on Wednesday so they can put him to sleep and get it set. So, in we go at 6:30 am on October 27 to get the arm fixed. He did great! He came out with a red cast in which the Dr. wrote Vols on...he is a Tennessee graduate, we then wrote stinks underneath it!! He keeps the cast on until November 18 and then we go back in to have it checked. And if you are wondering, he hasn't slowed down yet!



Ready to go












In the OR in holding waiting on the doctor










He is done and he was out of it









Back in his room sleeping off some of his medicine












Finally woke up starving...He thinks the hospital has the best grits!!








Feeling Good!!!










Ready to go, thinks he will just walk out!!











But decides to ride the wheel chair instead!!








post signature

No comments: