Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Kate!

Today, 4 years ago, our baby girl was born. Four years. I look at her everyday and wonder where my baby has gone. She lights up my day every morning when I wake her up. Her smile melts my heart! I can't even begin to wonder what I would be doing without her. She is my shadow and when I come to get her in the afternoon she is always excited to see me! She is proof that when you let God be in control he sends you what you want! Jason and I had been trying for 1 more baby for about 6 months. I had decided that it was not meant to be so I gathered up all the boys baby clothes and sold them on eBay. Big mistake at the time because the next month I found out I was pregnant! I knew since I had sold all their stuff that the baby would for sure be a boy. We were able to find out the sex of our baby July 2. Deep down I really felt like the baby was a girl because everything about this pregnancy was nothing like the other 3. All 3 of the boys were exactly the same. With Kate, I spotted some all 1st trimester and I was sick as a dog! I was afraid to say I thought it was a girl because I really wanted a girl and I thought I would jinx it! Jason said he knew she was a girl! I was still in shock when we found out she was indeed going to be a girl! We were all so excited! This day, our lives changed forever. Raising boys wasn't going to be easy but there are a lot of things about raising boys that are different than raising girls. I have always thought raising a girl would be much harder. So many other issues with growing up that we girls have to go through. So far there has not been too many differences between the boys and Kate except that her clothes are a lot more fun to shop for and ALOT more expensive!
God not only blessed Jason and me when He gave us Kate but he blessed my mom and Lacey as well! Lacey was blessed by having a girl cousin and my mom was blessed because Kate gives her a reason to keep going. She spends every afternoon with her Bibbie. They are 2 peas in a pod! The time they spend together is so very special for all of us! On Friday mornings she goes with Deeda to the coffee shop for breakfast! That is a treat for everyone, Kate, Deeda and all the other men at breakfast!
Happy Birthday Kate! I am glad you are mine and I love you so very much!!















No comments: