Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Drew!

Today Drew hits double digits! He is 10 and my how time flies! The older he gets the more he reminds me of myself. Every time I sit down with him to study, I think of my Nana and all the times we sat on her white couch in her living room disagreeing on who was going to read the next page in my reading story. Drew and I do the same thing! He is much more observant that I am and that may be the only difference in us besides the fact that he is a boy and I am a girl! He is always busy. It is very rare to find him still. I guess this explains the quickness of his entrance into this world! Since Will was only 13 ½ months old we scheduled Drew’s delivery so it wouldn’t happen like his did. We got to the hospital about 6:00 am and Drew was here at 9:11 am. He wasted no time but does a good job wasting time now. Well I guess he is not wasting his time, just mine. Whenever I ask him to do something, he puts it in the back of his mind and goes on doing something else. That is another thing I do. If it is on my mind I have to do it right then. Everything eles gets put on the back burner! He is never just sitting around. He is some how trying to figure out how to build his next creation with lego’s or how to connect anything to anything will wheels and pull it like a trailer! He amazes me with the things he builds. He got a wood working set for Christmas last year and we lost the instructions so he just put his mind to it and build his own thing. Drew works so hard at everything he does with a little motivation along the way. He is going to be “something” when he grows up. A very successful “something” and I am sure it will involve being outside and building. I am so very proud of him and the young man he is becoming. He has the kindest most caring heart! I can’t even imagine my life without him in it! No matter how old you get, you’ll always be my Drew baby! Happy Birthday!

No comments: