Saturday, April 11, 2009

FUMC Easter Egg Hunt



Today was the Annual FUMC Easter Egg Hunt. Every year it is held at the home of Joan and Ben Beard. Their yard is the most beautiful ever. It is the best of both worlds...The feeling of being out in the country but right in town. It is great! Their whole family was in town and it was so good to see all of their girls and their families. It is amazing how fast time goes by and how kids grow! Anyway, the boys had a blast running around with their friends and sliding on the giant slide. They found soooo many eggs which means we have soooo much candy. I must confess, I did use some of the candy to stuff in their eggs for their Easter baskets. I am sorry; I just could not buy anymore candy!!! This year was Kate's first year to egg hunt. Last year she was there but she wasn't into the egg hunting. She knew what to do because you know we practiced last week at home!! I got out some old eggs and showed her how to pick them up and put them in the basket!! I am so glad my kids can find eggs. I HATE to hunt eggs. I remember of an egg hunt when I was little, it was at the Country Club and I did not find a single egg! That is the only hunt I remember so I have very bad memories of egg hunts. I love to go to them because I love all the new spring clothes!! It is almost like once Easter is here it is time to break out all the new clothes!! Anyway, it is late; I must go to bed so we can get on the move in the morning.

Changing the subject, Mama Sally, Jason's grandmother will be having surgery on Tuesday. She has 2 herniated discs in her neck and they must be fused together. Her doctor was surprised that she was still walking around. They are cutting into her spine. So please keep her and all of us in your prayers. Thanks and I pray you all have a blessed Easter!!

Kate
Drew
Ben
Will


post signature

No comments: