Saturday, February 13, 2010
Snow Fun
So we got a lot of snow, so much snow that it was still here this morning. Ben, the child that doesn't want to do any thing but play the Wii or go anywhere, wanted to go out and play again at 7 this morning. Luckily, I had put their clothes in the was last night and so they had to go in the dryer this morning. That bought me some time so I fixed us breakfast and tried to tidy the house a little be. Ben's plan was to build a family of snowmen so he interviewed us all to find out what we wanted our snowman to be dressed in. He really couldn't get an answer from any of us and by then our clothes were dry so there was no more stalling. We headed out and Ben decided quickly as soon as he touched the snow that he didn't want to do the snowmen. Thank goodness!! He and Drew decided they would build snow castles instead. Kate wanted to swing and Will got on the bike to explore. He came back with the bike and then went back on foot to bring back the ice he found. He thought it was so cool that he could pick up sheets of ice! Ben showed Kate how to eat the snow and that is what decided she wanted to do! Hopefully it was clean! We had such a wonderful time playing in the snow. Once Jason got off work we headed up to the farm to see what it looked like in the snow. A lot of it was already melted. I wish we could have gone up there yesterday, I know it was beautiful. I did get some pictures and Jason got to play in the snow with the boys for a little bit. it was a lot colder up there and the wind was freezing. Kate and I headed into the cabin!! Neemama and Papa came up and we enjoyed spending some time with them. It was then finally time to go home. I am so glad the boys got to experience snow at home! They loved it. I just wish we were more prepared with the proper clothes. It didn't really bother them as much as it did me! I will invest in some good gloves even though we may not ever need them again!! As much as I loved to see the snow come, I am much happier to see it go!!! I just hate the mess it left!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment