Saturday, January 24, 2009

Congratulations Lacey!!


After 11 years Lacey decided she wanted to be in a beauty pageant. I love to watch pageants. But never have I ever wanted to be in one. My mother made me be in the Junior Miss and I hated every minute of it. My sister-in-law Amy has been in plenty of them, she won some and lost some and those that she didn't win I left so angry because I could not see how the judges could not see how beautiful she was. I also knew her inside beauty and if the judges saw her inner beauty, Amy would have won every crown!! Once Amy's pageants stop I began to watch my dear friend Tracie's little girl Hannah. Once again, I leave angry when she doesn't win. Same reasons I got mad when Amy didn't win. So this brings me back to Lacey. She has never wanted to do pageants and that made me so glad. Of course she is beautiful and I didn't need any reassurance of it! Then her mother tells me that Lacey is going to be in the CHMS beauty walk and my heart sank. I didn't want Lacey to have to go through that stuff. She was excited though! So tonight was the night, Her very 1st beauty pageant and she won the title of 6th Grade Beauty! I am so proud. When she first came on stage, with the whole group, I did not recognise her. OMG, she was the most beautiful thing I had ever put my eyes on. She didn't look like my sweet little 11 year old niece. I could not believe it. I guess I am in denial that she is growing up! Here are the pictures so you can see for yourself! Did I tell you I am so proud? I just hope she doesn't get the pageant bug now! But she probably will, and I will be there to cheer her on!!



Thank God for the invention of iPhones! The boys would not have made it through the pageant without them!!









post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long time! Your words mean the world to me! I felt the exact same way!

iPhones definitely rule! What did we do without them?!

Love, Liz

Katie said...

Lacey looks sooo pretty! I've always thought she was the cutest sweetest little thing, I mean she's some great genes right?! I have to say though, that she looks like a KD lady now! Would have given the new Miss America a real run for her money! I hope that my little girls grow into such a sweet young lady as Lacey. Congrats to her.

Carlene said...

Wow! Lacey looks incredible! I know you are a proud aunt.
I love the iPhone pic. My boys would have never survived without something either.

Laura said...

Elly, Lacey looks just like you and Elizabeth! She is just stunning. I LOVE her dress. She looks like a perfect little lady...just beautiful. I know you are so proud! We are proud of her also. Congratulations, Lacey.