Today Drew finally got to shoot his 1st deer!! Jason took vacation this week and was determined that Drew was going to shoot his 1st deer this season. A year ago Will got his 1st deer so it was Drew's turn this year! Today, Jason checked Drew out of school and they headed to the farm. We have upteenmillion deer houses and they all have names. Today Jason took Drew to the Big Stand. They sat and waited, did homework and Drew said right when he finished his homework the deer walked out. They watched and then he shot 3 times. He missed the 1st time, the deer stood still, 2nd shot went right through his ear, the deer still didn't move then shot 3...right in the neck and the deer fell to the ground! I think Jason was more excited than Drew was! I am so excited for Drew! He has been talking about killing a deer all year! The deer was small with 4 points, I think, but that is perfect for Drew because he is small too!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Drew gets his 1st deer!!!
Today Drew finally got to shoot his 1st deer!! Jason took vacation this week and was determined that Drew was going to shoot his 1st deer this season. A year ago Will got his 1st deer so it was Drew's turn this year! Today, Jason checked Drew out of school and they headed to the farm. We have upteenmillion deer houses and they all have names. Today Jason took Drew to the Big Stand. They sat and waited, did homework and Drew said right when he finished his homework the deer walked out. They watched and then he shot 3 times. He missed the 1st time, the deer stood still, 2nd shot went right through his ear, the deer still didn't move then shot 3...right in the neck and the deer fell to the ground! I think Jason was more excited than Drew was! I am so excited for Drew! He has been talking about killing a deer all year! The deer was small with 4 points, I think, but that is perfect for Drew because he is small too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OMG Elly! I'm completely traumatized! I may never sleep again. You need a warning label above that post for the faint-at-heart! I mean I guess I should've known that he didn't just go out and "get" it, as in call it and it came to him and they frollicked in the sunshine in a field.....I've led a very sheltered life. Kudos on this right of passage! Poor Price - what a deprived little man he will be!
Love you!
Don't you know it is hunting season? I am sorry I traumatized you!!
Way to go Drew! I know it won't be too terribly long before Dax is checking Cole out of school for his first deer!
Post a Comment