Sunday, February 8, 2009

An afternoon in the Country!


It was so beautiful today that we just had to do something outdoors. Jason and I wanted to go to the farm and ride the "mule". Jason's family has approx. 700 acres in Bullock County and it really is some of the most beautiful land around. I am a true "city" girl and I do not choose to go to the country that often. But when I get up there I have the best feeling. It is almost like being on vacation when all the cares you have at home just slip away! I really love being outdoors up there when it is nice outside. Today, none of the boys wanted to go with us. I guess they had had enough for a while since they have been up there just about every weekend since hunting season started. I on the other hand had not so we left the boys in town and Jason, Kate and I headed to the country. We probably road for 2 hours. Kate loved the ride.
We rode up to what we call the mountain, it is the highest point in Alabama from Montgomery to the Gulf! One day when my kids are all grown I would love to build a house up there! The view is breath taking. I took some pictures of Jason and Kate. She thought is was neat to get out and walk around until she fell and ate dirt!! I was trying to get her picture by the highest point marker when she fell face first in the dirt! She had dirt up her little nose and she scratched it a little! Even though the boys didn't go we had a great afternoon. It is a real bummer to have to get back into the routine tomorrow after a great day like this! Have a good week!














post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet baby! She is the most adorable litle thing!! Its nice that you and Jason got to spend some time with just Kate. She needs that and so do y'all!! That view is quite spectacular. Jason needs to do whatever he can to make sure that property stays in his family. We enjoyed having Drew over. He kept Walker occupied so we could work on the swingset. They had a blast!!