Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Troy City Schools Art Show


One of the many things I love about public school is our awesome art program. This year at TES we have a wonderful new art teacher, Mrs. Lindsey. When you walk in both the ECC and the Big School you can see how talented our students are. Ben had art 1st semester and brought home the best work. Will and Drew never got to do "real" art in Kindergarten. They even learn about famous artist and can tell me things about them that I didn't know. Tonight was the opening of the TCS Art Show and since Will and Drw both have art this sememster they both had pieces chosen for the show. Will had a piece in last year too! I was very impressed with the art from all 3 schools. There were so many different types of art at the show and it makes me so excited that my kids will get to participate as they get older. Will has always loved art. when he was in preschool he learned early to color in the lines and could draw really well and wanted to do it all the time. Drew on the other hand was the one that always used 1 crayon to color the whole picture! He just didn't have an interest in it. So I was so proud of him when I got the invitation to come see his artwork! Not only did he have 1 piece but he had 2!! He still does not like to color but he LOVES art and loves to create his own art! Ben has been more like Will when it comes to coloring and art. I am proud of all 3 of them.
Will's piece
Drew's 2nd piece
















post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your support. I love teaching art at Troy Elementary. Your boys are a joy to teach.

The Reeves Family said...

Thanks Jennifer! I am glad someone thinks they are a"joy"!!LOL