I am glad that it only snows every 7 years!! The last time we saw snow it was January 2, 2002. Will was 1 and Drew was 2 months old. The boys always ask when will it snow and well you just never know in Troy. Today Gramps woke us up at about 5 minutes until 6am. We got up and looked out the window to see snow! We woke the boys up and none of them were too excited to get up to play in it. Finally we were able to get them up and dressed and out we went! We didn't stay out long because it was too cold! We would not make it if we had to live in this stuff! We came in, had breakfast and by that time it had stopped. We got ready for church and as we are sitting in sunday school it starts again. This time blowing a lot harder than it did the first time. We even went out in it at church for a few minutes! They were a little more excited about it this time. By the time church was over, it had stopped. We got to Mama Sally and Gramp's house and while we were sitting at the dinner table down it comes again. Blowing even harder!! This time it was sticking!! We came home to get in warm clothes to play one more time. It was fun for about 5 minutes. It is just too much trouble to get all bundled up! Kate loves it. I think she just loves to be outside, she doesn't care about the weather. The boys were able to get enough snow this time to make a couple of snow balls! I will be totally glad to wait another 7 years for snow! Like I said it was fun for 5 minutes. It has finally stopped again for the 3rd time! I am hoping we are done. I don't want to have to take a snow day tomorrow!!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Snow, Snow, Snow
I am glad that it only snows every 7 years!! The last time we saw snow it was January 2, 2002. Will was 1 and Drew was 2 months old. The boys always ask when will it snow and well you just never know in Troy. Today Gramps woke us up at about 5 minutes until 6am. We got up and looked out the window to see snow! We woke the boys up and none of them were too excited to get up to play in it. Finally we were able to get them up and dressed and out we went! We didn't stay out long because it was too cold! We would not make it if we had to live in this stuff! We came in, had breakfast and by that time it had stopped. We got ready for church and as we are sitting in sunday school it starts again. This time blowing a lot harder than it did the first time. We even went out in it at church for a few minutes! They were a little more excited about it this time. By the time church was over, it had stopped. We got to Mama Sally and Gramp's house and while we were sitting at the dinner table down it comes again. Blowing even harder!! This time it was sticking!! We came home to get in warm clothes to play one more time. It was fun for about 5 minutes. It is just too much trouble to get all bundled up! Kate loves it. I think she just loves to be outside, she doesn't care about the weather. The boys were able to get enough snow this time to make a couple of snow balls! I will be totally glad to wait another 7 years for snow! Like I said it was fun for 5 minutes. It has finally stopped again for the 3rd time! I am hoping we are done. I don't want to have to take a snow day tomorrow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys had as much fun as we did. We lasted a little longer, but, I am like you--enough of the cold weather!!!
Post a Comment