Sunday, February 22, 2009
Close Call!
If you do not know, my greatest fear is my house burning down. Therefore, I do not burn candles in my house and I turn off the Christmas lights when I am not at home. My mothers house burned when she was a little girl and ever since I heard that story I have had this fear. Our Saturday mornings for the past 2 months have been spent at First Baptist Church playing Upward Basketball. Ben plays at 8:30 Will and Drew at 11:00. Between games we are usually running errands or we just stay around the gym for the fellowship. So this past Saturday during Will and Drew's game my cell phone rings. It is Richelle, she asked me if it was half time yet and I said no, we have already had half time. She then said well Jason was suppose to call Billy at half time and he forgot. Then she tells me my yard had burned. WHAT? Well, thank God they were coming down the street to witness it or we would have been in for a real shock when we got home.
Apparently, Troy Cable was changing out the line and they dropped it on the power line, that caused them to spark and the wind carried the spark to our dead dry grass. They got their fire extinguishers out and started working on the fire when they looked over on the other side of the yard to see it burning. Thank God they called the fire truck because as bad as the wind was I don't think the cable guys could have handled it had it gotten out of control!
Now, since we have 2 burned patches in our yard I guess we need to do the rest so we won't just have 2 nice patches of green grass this spring! I am guessing that since we were at "Church" that God was looking out for us, Thank you Lord!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment