Ever since the boys started Upward Basketball this year they have been asking for a basketball goal at our house. They have one at Neemama and Papa's but not one at home. We have this great house with a big yard but our driveway is a hill. It is not the best place for a goal. One nice thing about our house is that we have a 1260 square foot RV garage in our backyard. No we don't have the RV to go in it but the people we bought this house from did. We have filled it with more junk than you could even imagine. There is everything in this garage...boxes that have not been unpacked since we first moved to our 1st house on Wilson Drive in 2001, toys that have been "thrown away" because the boys would not clean them up, my aunts teaching materials, bikes, riding toys, unused furniture, all holiday decorations, the Jefcoat's lawn mower and other yard things...you get the picture. We have had great plans for this building but just haven't gotten to that point yet so today it became an indoor basketball half court! LA, the man that works for Daddy, kept the boys for me so I could take Kate to the doctor. They love staying with him probably because he lets them do what ever they want. So today when I got to mom's to pick them up they were over at the neighbors shooting basketball with big kids. LA was watching them from mom and dad's porch. Will didn't want to leave because he wanted to shoot basketball. I made him leave anyway because I had things to do at home. Down at the end of our street there is a basketball goal in the cul-de-sac but I am just nervous about letting them go down there when I am not outside and today was one of those days. Will asked me why we couldn't have our own goal I don't even know what my answer was. I told him to call Deeda and see if he would by them one. So, like the awesome Deeda that we have he came and got Will and Drew and off to Wal-mart they went. They called from Wal-mart wanting to know where we would put it, I told him Jason's plans were to put it in the RV garage because it was the only level surface we had but we had to clean it up. So he brought the boys back and told them if we got the garage cleaned out he would by them a goal. We did it! I know you are going to be looking at the pictures and thinking we didn't clean up too good but you should see the pile of trash by the road. And there is still more that needs to be hauled off. Deeda came back to get them and back to Wal-mart they went. I started putting it together and LA got there to help me finish! I might still be working on it if he hadn't gotten there!! Anyway, It is perfect! It also will be a great place for them to go play when it is raining and cold. Maybe we can finish getting the rest of the junk out of there so we can really do something nice in there! I was thinking about a dance studio for Kate so her Aunt Amy can teach her dancing!! Oh well, I can dream. But anyway...Thanks Deeda You are the Greatest!!! We Love You, Will Drew and Ben (Kate, Elly and Jason too)
Monday, February 16, 2009
Thanks Deeda!!
Ever since the boys started Upward Basketball this year they have been asking for a basketball goal at our house. They have one at Neemama and Papa's but not one at home. We have this great house with a big yard but our driveway is a hill. It is not the best place for a goal. One nice thing about our house is that we have a 1260 square foot RV garage in our backyard. No we don't have the RV to go in it but the people we bought this house from did. We have filled it with more junk than you could even imagine. There is everything in this garage...boxes that have not been unpacked since we first moved to our 1st house on Wilson Drive in 2001, toys that have been "thrown away" because the boys would not clean them up, my aunts teaching materials, bikes, riding toys, unused furniture, all holiday decorations, the Jefcoat's lawn mower and other yard things...you get the picture. We have had great plans for this building but just haven't gotten to that point yet so today it became an indoor basketball half court! LA, the man that works for Daddy, kept the boys for me so I could take Kate to the doctor. They love staying with him probably because he lets them do what ever they want. So today when I got to mom's to pick them up they were over at the neighbors shooting basketball with big kids. LA was watching them from mom and dad's porch. Will didn't want to leave because he wanted to shoot basketball. I made him leave anyway because I had things to do at home. Down at the end of our street there is a basketball goal in the cul-de-sac but I am just nervous about letting them go down there when I am not outside and today was one of those days. Will asked me why we couldn't have our own goal I don't even know what my answer was. I told him to call Deeda and see if he would by them one. So, like the awesome Deeda that we have he came and got Will and Drew and off to Wal-mart they went. They called from Wal-mart wanting to know where we would put it, I told him Jason's plans were to put it in the RV garage because it was the only level surface we had but we had to clean it up. So he brought the boys back and told them if we got the garage cleaned out he would by them a goal. We did it! I know you are going to be looking at the pictures and thinking we didn't clean up too good but you should see the pile of trash by the road. And there is still more that needs to be hauled off. Deeda came back to get them and back to Wal-mart they went. I started putting it together and LA got there to help me finish! I might still be working on it if he hadn't gotten there!! Anyway, It is perfect! It also will be a great place for them to go play when it is raining and cold. Maybe we can finish getting the rest of the junk out of there so we can really do something nice in there! I was thinking about a dance studio for Kate so her Aunt Amy can teach her dancing!! Oh well, I can dream. But anyway...Thanks Deeda You are the Greatest!!! We Love You, Will Drew and Ben (Kate, Elly and Jason too)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! What a wonderful space. There will be hours of fun in that room.
Hey Elly, you would not know how excited I am when I see new postings from you. I'm awaiting the day, you turn your blog into a book. It would be a best seller and I would be the first to buy. Your life is so interesting, funny, loving and most importantly real. Most people dream of the adventurous life you have. (I'm one of them) Your life is a story....Consider the book.
Love you,
Janel
Deeda ROCKS!!! Not only did his generousity provide his grandsons with the desire of their hearts, he also turned the boys quest for their basketball goal into a valuable lesson: If your desire for something is strong enough then hard work can make it happen. AND, everyone working as a team to make it happen makes for a great accomplishment! Love, Aunt Vanette
Vanette is so right!! I am glad they helped make room for the goal! They had to work for it and that will mean a lot one day!! Walker will be jealous of the indoor basketball court!
Post a Comment