Saturday, April 17, 2010

A-Day Game

After years of wanting to take the boys to Tuscaloosa for the A-Day game, we finally got to go this year. Every other year we have had baseball games and today we didn't have any, well Will's travel ball team had one but since tomorrow is Mama Sally's family reunion we couldn't play the tournament. So, we headed out early this morning. We got to Tuscaloosa and went to the Quad. At 12:15 the Captains from last years team got to put their feet in stone at Denny Chimes. We watched as they were escorted by police to Denny Chimes and the boys thought is was so cool to see them in person! A few minutes later another siren brought a black Mercedes to Denny Chimes and out stepped Nick Saban!!! That was cool. We weren't all that close to get his picture but we got it next to the car and you can see his hat in the window!!


























After that we went to visit some of Brett's friends and tailgate. Their spot was right next to the stadium so the boys got the see the team escorted in buses to the stadium. We headed into the stadium about 1pm.














































All the lower sections were full so we hiked up to the upper level, which I like better because you can see everything. I couldn't believe how big the crowd was. When I was at Alabama, no one went to the A-Day game. We went one year and you had your pick of where you wanted to sit.










































































After the game we had our picture taken with the National Championship coaches and in the spot where Nick Saban will be in August!!!








































































































We then went on to the KD house. Kate had to have her picture made in front of it. It will be one of her pictures I send in when she goes through Rush in 17 years!!!!
























































Our last stop was the Bryant Museum. It was packed but we were still able to enjoy it. The boys thought is was really neat!
































































































































I am so glad they love it, when I win the lottery, I am buying a skybox so I can be at every game!!! We may be buying a house there and moving to Tuscaloosa one day because will said he is playing baseball for the Crimson Tide and Ben says he will play football and baseball!!! Sounds good to me!!! Roll Tide Roll!!!






post signature




























































2 comments:

Katie said...

Fun day for the family! Everyone in our area went there too this weekend. I'll be it was crowded.

The Pughs said...

So glad yall had a great time! Reading your post and looking at pictures brought back so many memories. It hasn't been that long since I graduated but so many things have changed! ROLL TIDE ROLL