Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cruise on the Harriet II



Today I went with Will's 3rd grade class to Montgomery on their field trip. We had a lunch cruise aboard the Harriet II on the Alabama River. It really was a great trip. This was the 1st time the 3rd grade has done this trip and we learned a lot for what to do and not to do for Drew's trip next year. When we boarded the riverboat, we were seated for lunch. We were served chicken boxes that included chicken strips, chips, baked beans and cookies. It was pretty good. Much better than I had expected!! While we ate we cruised up river (I think) a good ways and when we were done everyone went out on the deck to enjoy the cruise from there. The captain gave a great short history lesson on Montgomery and the River Boats. He asked questions along with his lesson and I was very proud of my self that I knew the answers to most all of his questions!! One of the questions he asked was "Does anyone know the official song of the State of Alabama?" Will immediately started singing "Yea Alabama, Crimson Tide..."!! Got to love him!! I think that should be the state song!! We had a great time! I enjoyed spending the day with my oldest son that is nearly as tall as I am!!





Boarding the Harriet II










The boys in Will's class waiting to board













Hungry boys!!






post signature

No comments: