Thursday, August 11, 2011

Last Minute Summer Vacation

With 3 boys playing post season baseball, you never know what your summer really consists of. I can always count on the month of June being dedicated to nothing but baseball practice and then a tournament. With Drew and Ben this year, that was it. Their tournament were only a 1 time thing. But Will's team, if they win can go on to play all summer. As a matter of fact, the World Series for Dixie Youth Baseball begins this Saturday, August 13 in North Carolina! And our 1st day of school is Monday, August 15! Needless to say we didn't win and I can't say I was all that upset, because the night we got put out of the District tournament, which I think was July 8, I was on the phone with Disney Vacation Club making us reservations for the 1st week in August!!! You see, last year when Alabama went to the Citrus Bowl in Orlando this year we made last minute plans to take the kids to Disney and then to the game for Christmas gifts. Since we also knew we were going in October of 2011 for Fall Break, we decided it would be better if we bought annual passes. As Vacation Club Members we get a discount on annual passes so it only made sense to do it this way. Then, our school board decided we would not have a fall break and I had to cancel the rooms, but we still had the park tickets and it would have been a real waste of money had we not used them. So, I got us reservations at Saratoga Springs and I was even able to get us dinner reservations at all our favorite restaurants!! And finally, I was able to get Kate a reservation to eat in Cinderella's castle!! They are always booked up! I was so surprised that I got us in. I figured since we got that reservation that it wouldn't be too crowded. And it wasn't. The parks were great. We really didn't have to wait in a long line and well it was hot but no hotter than I would have been had we been watching Will play baseball!! We had a blast!! It is always so much more fun when we are able to go with Elizabeth and her family. I am so glad we are in the same town and able to vacation together. It makes for lots of great memories with our cousins!! We finally did a water park this time and it was great! The kids voted for Blizzard Beach so that was where we went. They had a ball! I bought a waterproof camera but I haven't gotten the pictures done yet but he are some of my favorite from our trip!



















































1 comment:

The Pughs said...

Looks like yall had a blast. We can't wait to go in January! I think the boys will love it!

Is that a boyfriend with Lacey? If so, I can't believe she is old enough for that :) I remember her as a 3 year old!