My senior year at Alabama was by far the best year in college for me. When I was a freshman, I didn’t live in Tutwiler like all the other freshman did and I really missed out! I lived off campus with my sister and her roommate she had had since she was a freshman. My sophomore year, I lived with some girls that were transferring to Alabama and still didn’t really get to know my pledge sisters. Then at a bar swap I met a guy and after a while we starting dating and I hung around his fraternity brothers and their girlfriends which were Chi O’s. My Junior year I lived with those girls and then at the end of my junior year the guy and me broke up! So, I decided the best thing for me to do was to move in the KD house. I met 14 of the most amazing girls and we became instant friends. We did everything together. The 2nd floor TV room was the place we all met up. Everyone was there for lunch, Days of our Lives was always on the TV and Thursday nights for Friends!! The sleeping porch was the best sleep I have ever gotten and I still some times dream I am there sleeping again! I learned while living in the KD house that if you get up the 1st time your alarm goes off you aren’t as tired as the day goes on. When you slept on the sleeping porch you weren’t allowed to hit snooze! I was so very sad when the year was over and we all had to go our different ways. It was so hard to move into an apartment with only 1 or 2 people living with you. I got so used to having someone with me all the time that I was lonely!! By the end of that summer we had all graduated and going on with our new lives. Some of us were getting married and others were still trying to decide what we were going to do with ourselves! We all met up at the 1st couple of weddings, in the Spring of 1996 we met up in New Orleans for the Jazz Fest, then a couple more weddings and then it stopped. No more weddings and we started having children. I think it had been at least 13 years since we had all been together until this weekend! 9 of us got together in New Orleans for a “reunion”. I was so hesitant about going, and almost didn’t but decided one night lying in bed that I was doing it. I was going to New Orleans to see my friends! I am so glad I made that decision. We had the best time. We stayed at Rebecca’s house and it was just like being back on the 2nd floor of the KD house! Just this time we were sharing stories of college but more interested in sharing stories of our families! I’ve always heard that you know you have a true friend when you can go for years with out speaking and then meet up and pick up right where you left off. And, true that saying is. Once we were all together, it seemed like it was just yesterday when we were all together. I am looking forward to our next get together; I just hope it is not 13 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment