Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our Visit with Santa

Today we had our annual trip to Montgomery to see Santa Claus! We check the kids out of school to avoid the lines after school and on the weekend. For the past 7 years we have gone to Eastdale Mall but today we chose to visit the Santa at East Chase. Also for the past 7 years taking a picture with Santa has been as smooth as can be. But today we added a new child to the picture and unlike her brothers, she did not like Santa. (Well we added her last year but she didn't know any different!) This is something new to me because the boys never cried. I put her down, she looked up at Santa and started crying! She had to go to Will's lap and the photo people were so good to direct her attention away and get a picture of her not crying. He are all of our Santa pictures from the year 2000! It really makes me sad to see how much the kids have grown and most of all changed!!Merry Christmas!
Will's 1st Christmas, December 2000
Drew's 1st Christmas, December 2001
December 2002, Drew is the same age in this picture as Kate is in the picture this year! Drew is so happy...Kate well you will see!!
Ben's 1st Christmas, December 2003
December 2004
December 2005
December 2006
Kate's 1st Christmas, December 2007
December 2008



post signature

4 comments:

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

What wonderful memories to have and look back on for years to come. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby!! I wish they had gotten a shot of her totally red-faced and squalling!! She was pitiful! The pictures are so cute from beginning to end! Drewby kills me in his 2nd one! Little devil isn't scared of anything--well, except tiny kittens.

I have to add that the East Chase Santa experience was 10000000000 times better than our Eastdale trip last year. The people working at Eastdale were so rude last year. It was horrible. Walker and I actually went there today but we changed the location after there were tons of school kids there and most of them were, kinda--ewww. I did not feel safe in that mall.

The East Chase people were the nicest EVER!! The lady even showed us how we could get the cheapest package that included my family, Elly's family and both of us together. We usually spend about $100 on these pics and today we spent $30.

Moral--if you haven't done Santa pictures, do it at East Chase or Bass Pro Shops. Their pics were FREE!

Anonymous said...

lol that is too cute. I can't believe Kate was afraid of Santa. WOW!! You have such good memories for the kids when they grow up, you've taken pics from day one of their lives. I'm sure I would be the same if I was a mother. Hope that your holidays are filled with peace, love and happiness with your family. I'm going to call you soon. You are the best mom ever!!
Love ya,
Janel

Katie said...

Elly, these are so sweet. How much they've all grown and changed! They will enjoy looking back on those so much when they're older. Precious memories.