Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Kate!!


Two years ago today our sweet little girl was born. I can remember the feeling of relief when she was actually born. As soon as I found out i was pregnant, I was terrified that something would happen. We had tried for so long...So, November 16, 2007 at 12:41 pm I was in awe...she was the 4th most beautiful baby I had ever laid eyes on (the other 3 were her brothers of course!). I always said after Ben was born that he was it. I wasn't going to have anymore. The boys had all come so close to one another that I honestly didn't think I could go through it all again. But as they got older and less dependent on me for most things I began to feel the need for 1 more baby. A year and half before I got pregnant is when we decided we would like to just have 1 more. Every month I just knew it would happen and then i would discover that it didn't. I initially got upset but then got over it quickly. I knew that if it was in God's plan then He would send us another baby when it was time. In January of 2007, I decided that it just wasn't going to happen. I started cleaning out the boys baby things and either selling it on ebay or giving it away. This I could shoot myself for now but that is just the way it goes. In March of 2007, Jason and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. We went to Disney World, just the 2 of us for a long weekend. I never asked for a gift but received the best gift I could have ever asked for! Yes, Kate was born 9 months after our trip!! I think this is why she LOVES Mickey Mouse and LOVES to go to Disney World!!
We found out at the first of April but didn't tell anyone. We were so excited but we wanted to keep it to ourselves as long as we could. You know people can be so rude and we just didn't want them to ruin our happiness! That plan ended the first weekend in May when I got the stomach virus. I do not think I had been that sick for as long as I can remember. I ended up getting de-hydrated and had to be admitted in the hospital for fluids. Well, once I was admitted we had to tell. Even though your hospital records and stuff are suppose to be confidential, in small town Alabama that is not the case! So I made Jason call our family and I called my friends! I knew they wouldn't be mad at me and I wasn't so sure what remarks I would get from our family so I thought Jason could handle it better than me!! Thankfully, they were all excited! Everything was going well except for the fact that Jason was having a horrible time with his back. In June, he had to have surgery again and was only out of the hospital 2 weeks when it was time to find out what we were having and if everything was okay with the baby. He was in such pain that he thought he wouldn't make it, but something got him up that day. I had talked myself into it being a boy. And was totally fine with that but everything about this pregnancy was different than with the boys. Theirs were all the same so I thought deep, deep down that it just might be a girl but I never said it out loud because then that might jinks me!! So, I kept it to myself. I was so totally shocked when the ultrasound tech said it was a girl. You would think after seeing 3 boys on an ultrasound that I would know the difference but I didn't. Jason could tell right away! I was still in shock, I couldn't cry, I couldn't laugh I could hardly talk. I couldn't believe it. Jason of course said "don't you know I always give you what you want!!" Everyone else in our family and close friends cried, they were all so excited that we finally had a girl! I sometimes hate when people say "you finally got your girl". It makes it sound like we had set out to have a girl when we started having children and that just isn't the case with our family. Jason always wanted 5, I always wanted 3 so 4 is perfect! I am thankful for each one of them and feel so blessed that God picked us to be their parents!
Kate brings so much joy into our lives. From the moment she was born she has been them best baby. She slept when she was suppose to, ate like she was suppose to and pooped like she was suppose to! She is so laid back, which is a blessing since from the time she was 2 weeks old she has been on the go! With 3 older brothers she didn't have a choice!! I love to watch her sleep, play, eat, and what ever else she may do. She has 3 big brothers that love her to the moon and will do anything for her! She has them and her daddy wrapped around her little finger but she is a mama's girl and I LOVE it!! She is so different than her brothers which is proof she is like me and they are like their daddy!!LOL She loves to help around the house and likes all things in their place!! She loves shoes, which she gets from her Aunt Lizzie!! She is beginning to get a little personality and it is just precious! She loves to dance which totally makes her Bibbie the happiest grandmother in the world! She can also work my iPhone!! She is just amazing!! I am so thankful for her and can't imagine what my life would be like if she weren't in it! She is such a blessing and so are her 3 big brothers!
Happy 2nd Birthday Kate!! We love you very much!!












post signature

No comments: