
Eight years ago today, our oldest son, Will was born. It was the most wonderful day. We had tried and tried to get pregnant and things just were not going our way. We finally ventured down the road of infertility treatments. After nearly 2 years or more on January 24, 2000 we found our we were expecting our first child. We were so excited but scared too because I had had a miscarriage in November. Everything continued just fine. I did not have much sickness just tired a lot. It was an easy pregnancy. On May 17, 2000 we found out our baby was a boy! I was a little shocked. I knew he was a she, I was wrong! Anyway, his due date was October 5, 2000. Mama Sally had said maybe he will come on Vickie's birthday (Jason's Mom) which is September 18th. I said oh no he can't come then that is too early. Little did I know that just was not early enough for him! When Will was born, Jason was working nights, he had just gotten home and settle into bed and asleep at about 1:30am when I sat straight up in the bed. I got up went to the bathroom and then went back to bed. I thought my water had broken but I wasn't sure. I laid back down and prayed to God "If this is it, please let it gush" and a few seconds later it gushed. Jason got straight up, we got our things and called our parents. Mama Sally and Grandaddy had just gotten to Nashville for vacation at Opryland hotel! They still say Will owes them a night of vacation!! Anyway, those of you that know Jason know that he drives like a snail! We lived on First Avenue at the time and the speed limit is 25. He was going about 70 down our street. I have never been in the car with him driving that fast. We got to the hospital close to 3am and Will didn't make his arrival until 3:16pm It was a long day but I would do it over again any day just for him. He is the best Big Brother (most of the time!) He had to grow up fast since is baby brother came so close to him. He is kind, loving, creative and very well mannered. He is smart and athletic everything you want in a child. I am so proud of him and most of all feel so blessed that I can be his mother!!
He weighed in at 7 lbs 8 oz and was 21 inches long when he was born. Now 8 years later he has grown into a big healthy boy! We will have a check up soon and I can let you know then! It is hard to believe that he is 8, it has been the best 8 year I could have ever asked for!! Happy Birthday Will...I love you!!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Will! I can't wait to read your blog and catch up! I finally feel like I am getting my "feet back underneath me!" It has been a haul! We miss you guys! See you on the soccer field! Time flies doesn't it? Wil is EIGHT!!!! Wow! Have a great day! Talk to you soon, hopefully!
Laura
Happy Birthday WILL!!!!!!!!!
Mama Cindy
I can't believe my Baby Will is 8!! I remember that I would go see him everyday and could not wait to get to your house. You took him home from the hospital on a day I had class in law school and I cried when y'all left Montgomery and I couldn't go!! I was so mad and cried in class that day. I was such a baby! He was so cuddly and loved to snuggle and loved to be held!! I can still remember how he smelled--but we all know that is my favorite smell, a newborn baby!! Now that little devil is almost as big as me and we could probably wear each others clothes if we had to. I just can't believe it!!
Post a Comment