Monday, September 15, 2008

Soccer Season begins in the rain!!

Yes, today was the opening night of soccer and it was raining. We played anyway. The kids probably had a blast but is was too cold for me! Ben's team played first. His team is the All-Stars. This is his 2nd year on the team so he knows a little more what he is doing.
For the 1st three periods he played goalie and only let 1 get passed him! Parker was the lead scorer for our team, he scored 4 goals, Apollo scored 2 goals and Ben scored 1!! His very first goal! He was so excited. we won our 1st game 7 to 1. This team has huge shoes to fill as we have been #1 in the league for 2 years! Will and Drew were on this team their 1st year playing so we have just hung on to it. It will be sad when we can't be the All-Stars anymore.
Ben is playing again this year with Walker and Press. Brett, Billy and Parker and Tal's Dad are helping Jason coach. Anyway, Will and Drew had their game next and they played great. This is Will's 2nd year in this league and Drew's 1st. I am amazed at how much better they are this year. They finally are not afraid to get in there after the ball. Will scored 2 goals and Drew came close. He is as fast as lightening! I told him I didn't know where he got is speed because I have NEVER been a good runner and Jason can't run either. So, someone down both lines of our family is a runner and that is where Drew gets his speed. Will and Drew's team is FORCE and they got their 1st win too!!! Oh, and it finally stopped raining by half-time in Ben's game.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I asked Ben if he realized he had scored and he said, "what?" LOL, I think he was as shocked as we were! He really digs in and plays hard, though. He had a lot of time as the goalie to watch and figure out what needed to be done! I am so glad they both got wins!! I am glad to see Will get in there and play hard. I know Drew will get some scores, I think he was a little apprehensive last night, but he isn't afraid to do what it takes!