Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kate's Playhouse Party


Kate turns 3 on Tuesday and we celebrated today. We decided back in August that she was getting her playhouse this year from Bibbie and Deeda. It is her Birthday and Christmas present. Bibbie met with the playhouse man and they put the plans in motion. It seemed like it would never get here. During October break, I spent all my free time trying to figure out what we would do. I emailed my very creative friend Laura Renfroe for ideas and began searching the website. I didn't find many ideas for a "playhouse warming party", well really only one, but I found a lot of cute ideas and just started bookmarking them in my computer. After getting all my ideas together, I had to start planning and putting it all together. Since I am a working woman now, I had to work several weeks on this. I did order some of it but I did make some of it myself. I am real pleased on how it turned out and I think everyone had a great time!
I had originally planned that we would make gingerbread houses so I ordered everyone an apron for their party favor, but after I tried to put one together last weekend I decided that this would be too much and too messy for 2 & 3 year olds. So I ordered the foam gingerbread houses from Oriental Trading and instead of decorating them like Christmas, I got plain stickers from Wal-Mart and let the kids decorate with that. We had mostly pink and green food. I found a cute house cookie cutter online and had a friends mom make cookies. They turned out so cute and they were so yummy!! Enjoy Kate's party through the pictures...


The invite by Jennifer Dunn Lindsey~cake and some gifts were inspired from this invite.



















The House, from Backyard Solutions. arrived on Saturday morning, bright and early at 8am













Kate sees it for the first time after the parade













Kate and Bibbie...she was so excited!!

















The party spread~ ribbon topiary made by me, house sugar cookies made by Ann Crawley, solid color candy ordered from Oh Nuts! , plates, napkins and forks from Party City











The Cake~made by Nikole Cox

















Banner made by me!!
















Kids tables, covered in pink and green tablecloths, Pom Poms ordered from Pom Love on Etsy put together by me and Misty.














Drink table - custom water bottle label by Big Day Creations













Sign made for Front Door so everyone would come around back

















Prissy Missy

















Kate and Hayes at their 1st house!!




















Foam Gingerbread houses from Oriental Trading











Picture from Lola












All Kate's Friends

















The Mama Queens!!












The Princess~in her dress up clothes from Mrs. Kim










Kate and her Prince!!











post signature

3 comments:

Laura said...

Loved this party! You did an awesome job. Everything was perfect. I hope Kate got so great stuff for her new house!

Laura said...

...some great stuff...oops!

Katie said...

Love it! Just as I can't believe Maggie is already two, I CANNOT believe that makes Kate 3! Oh my it goes by fast. You are so right. There is something special about little girls....