Friday, August 22, 2008

The new school year brings more homework!

Last year homework in 1st grade was something I did not look forward to. It was awful. This year I have decided that it is not the quantity of homework that is so bad. It is the fact that you have to sit there with your 1st grader while they do it because they can't read everything and understand instructions by themselves. This year it is nice to tell Will, get out your homework, do it and bring it to me to check. This way I know if he his doing it. Well, in reading their weekly instructions are to read with a parent Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday he is to read it all by himself to a parent and then Thursday he is to read it by himself! We did great all week and then this is what happens when he has to read it by himself!! The story was cute but I guess by Thursday he was tired of it!! So, Mrs. Tate if you are reading this, I am sorry Will didn't read last night!! Drew on the other hand is doing so well. Things have totally cheanged with him and his homework. The 1st couple of days it was painful. He fussed about having to do it until his teacher had to have a heart to heart with him at school because he said he can't do it! And by "it" I mean reading. I am so thankful that God sent Mrs. Jordan for him. I wonder if he had a different teacher would she have taken the oppurtunity to make Drew understand that he CAN do it. Just in 1 week I have seen a drastic change in Drew when it come to his learning in school! I have worried about him. Ben on the other hand loves his teacher, Mrs. Huner and likes to go to school but yesterday he said he just wanted to stay at home today. You know he hates leaving the house. I told him he did not have a choice when if comes to school that he has to go or they will put mommy and daddy in jail!! The Kindergarten is doing colors this week and next so Ben has enjoyed getting wear other colors to school besides orange, blue and white! Well, today I finally have nothing to do outside the house, Kate is napping and so I am. See you later! Hope you like my new blog!!


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading always puts me to sleep, too. Not that the words are boring, I just fall asleep! I don't understand why! Maybe it is like hypnotizing or something!

I am so proud of Drew! He is such a little stinker sometimes, but I know he is brilliant--he just needs to be reminded of that!

Little Ben-Ben! Such a homebody! School is a BIG adjustment for him--poor little booger!

The blog is adorable! I think it fits y'all's personality to a T!!

The Reeves Family said...

Thanks! I thought so too!