Saturday, August 9, 2008
We have Baby Birds!!
I was so glad to hear baby birds chirping this morning. I check the nest at the beginning of the week after I opened the door and the Mama Bird flew away. The birds were tiny, eyes closed and no movement. I was afraid they were dead. I thought to myself, how I am going to get that nest out of my flower arrangement. So this morning I was ironing in the dining room and heard birds. I got so excited(that is rare for me to get excited about animals! I am not an animal person!) that I got the latter and my camera and went outside to look in the nest.
And there the sit, lie or whatever. They had definitely grown since my last peek. Their eyes were open and they had moved a lot. I walked back in the door and Kate was sitting in the living room and I told her "we have baby birds" she just smiled and clapped her hands as if she new she was supposed to be happy!! I then went and told Ben, He was so excited. I showed him the picture and let him stand at the door and listen! He wanted to see them but I am afraid to get much closer. For the first of this post check the archive for July titled Bird on the Loose! Have a great day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Elly, those look like mice, not birds.
I promise they are birds. I took the planter down to show the boys tonight and 4 birds flew out at us. It scared Drewby to death. I hope they come back. I am not sure that they can fly very good.
LOL! I would have paid $5000 to see Drewby scream when those birds flew out!! It reminds me of the time we had a kitten inside and it ran out and scared the BeJesus out of him! I think he jumped 10 feet in the air! I know its horrible, but I laughed so hard I peed in my pants!! LOL!
They still look like a rodent--mouse, squirrel, hampster. I see no feathers!!
Post a Comment