Friday, August 1, 2008
Polka Dot Uniforms!
In the last 7 years I do not think I have ever been as mad as I was today. You see, I have this lady, Joann, that has been helping us since before Will was born. She is the most yummy cook and is the only reason my house is able to stay in any type of order. Anyway, she is now living by herself and She is the type that always cooks supper. I am not. I do not mind cooking but I hate to clean it up. Well, she had made the comment a couple of weeks ago how hard it was to just cook for one person. I told her she could cook for us then it would not be so hard. She just laughed it off. Well last week we had all just had enough of eating out and she told me I will make a deal with you. She told me if I kept up with the laundry that she would fix us dinner every night minus Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I jumped at the offer and said you have got a deal. So, I have been doing my hardest to keep up with the laundry so it does not get piled up. So today, I was down to my last full load. It was all of the boys navy uniform clothes. Well, my oldest son not my mischievous middle child or my sneaky 3rd child, my oldest a month and a half away from being 8 years old just though he would walk in the Laundry Room and pick up a bottle of Tilex. I thought I smelled of clorox but I have kind of had a stuffy nose lately so I was not sure. Anyway, I asked if some one was spraying clorox and they said no. That Will had been spraying Joann's bottle. I thought okay, because she left her ironing water here. She is such a great ironer I just figured she had some special mix and that it just smelled like that. So, it is time for me to change out the laundry and I go to get the navy clothes. I look down and wonder what in the world are those hot pink dots on the clothes. I get them closer to my face and find that it has had bleach sprayed on them. I literally, at that point thought I was about to blow my top. Take in mind that these are not your uniforms from Wal-mart or Goody's not even the awesome deal I got at the Gap Outlet. It was 1 pair of Ralph Lauren shorts (they were on sale but still), 2 polo sweatshirts, 1 Ralph Lauren Polo shirt and 2 pair of Gap shorts. I hollered for all three of them to come there and then I decided if I wanted the truth I had to remain calm. Will and Drew had just been in trouble and I threatened them, all three of them that if they did not tell me the truth all three of them would get a visit from the Pampered Chef wooden spoon! Drew knew he wanted no part of it, he swore he did not do it, Ben swore it was not him and well then there was Will. He likes to fudge on his stories most of the time and I have learned when he is not telling the whole truth and so he finally admitted it. I held up his polo sweatshirt and asked him if he knew how much that cost and he said fighting back tears "$3000"! I said no about $45. I then preceded to remind him that what is in the laundry room is for my and Joann's hands only. He said "Well I didn't know what it was". So my thoughts, if you don't know what it is why even pick it up. I am still mad because none of it but one of the sweatshirts is his so I can't make him wear it. Luckily I was able to get another pair of the Ralph Lauren shorts. They are corduroy and were on sale for $12. Ben's pair he had from Easter were $40. One of the Gap pair I just found and it was the last pair. The other pair is the uniform short I can get another of and I have an old size 7 navy polo that Drew can wear. But I am still angry. I think since they are already ruined I am going to try to dye them navy. What do I have to loose? It would not be so bad but the fact that the 3 pair of shorts that were ruined means that Drew and Ben don't have but 3 pair to wear between the 2 of them. Here are some pictures of our ruined uniforms!
Gap Shorts
Gap Shorts
Polo SweatShirt
Polo Shirt
Polo Shorts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG!! LOL! I know this isn't funny, but seriously, you need to keep Joann on clothing patrol and you need to cook, woman!!
I can hear Will in his crying voice saying, "$3000?!" How funny! You have to at least try the navy dye--it may work, especially on the shorts. That sweatshirt is a different blue so it may not work.
Have Joann set 4 more place settings at dinner every night and I will help you with your laundry!!
Post a Comment