Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oh what fun you can have in the Rain!!

So, Fay has set up camp in Troy and we knew that it would rain all weekend so we made plans for the boys to play on the Wii all day Saturday. I even went to Game Stop and bought a new game. WeSki, Well our plans for a Wii marathon ended about 2:30 when the power went out. Kate and I were taking a much needed nap when the power went out so I didn't know it was out until Jason woke me and told me he was going to ride around to see if he could find out why it was out. The boys by this time were playing nice a quietly in the playroom. When Jason got home we decided we would go on and take them to his mom's since she had power. I started getting their things together and Jason went to sit on the back porch to watch the rain. Out go the boys too! I went back in to get my camera because I knew it would be too tempting not to get in the rain. About that time Will runs in for the umbrella and then out he goes and his brothers follow him! They had so much fun playing in the rain. I wondered for a minute were we bad parents for letting them play in the rain but then I decided there was no thunder or lightening and that this was the kind of thing that is most fun about being a kid. I remember doing the same thing when I was a little girl. We would get a huge water puddle in our yard between our house and the Stroud's house and it was the most fun to play in! I'll post the videos later, for some reason they will not upload. Hope you all do not float away!
Ben's turn with the umbrella
Drew does not even bother with the umbrella, he just takes off running!!
Kate enjoys the rain sitting in Daddy's lap















post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always think of what Rick Burgess said after Cornbread died about playing in the mud at a baseball game. Getting dirty ain't gonna kill them. It may make mama mad because their clothes are dirty, but that is why we have Gain and good washing machines! The boys look like they are having a blast! And, the rain is free!