And no I am not talking about the presidential election I am talking about Jason's 4th term serving on the Troy City Council. Today was his swearing in. I wish I had pictures from the previous 3 to share. My how things have changed. He was first elected to the council in August of 1996. He beat 2 others without a run off. We were only dating and not even engaged when he was sworn it. He was elected without opposition in August of 2000 and Will was not even 1 month old when he was sworn in. His 3rd term, he was also elected without opposition again in August of 2004. Will was 4, Drew was almost 3 and Ben was 1 1/2. This August, he was elected to his 4th term without opposition. Will is 8, Drew is 7, Ben is 5 1/2 and Kate is 11 1/2 months old. Can you say we have been busy? Three of the other council members have also served with Jason for all of his terms. One being Mr. Johnny Witherington. He happens to be the father of Will's teacher, Mrs. Ashley Tate and the grandfather of one of Drew's best friends Joel Tate. Needless to say Will and Drew were excited to be there today since Mrs. Tate and Joel were there too!! It was a nice morning and believe it or not I got some cute pictures! Please pray for our family for these next 4 years. Even City Politics can be hard sometimes!!!
Monday, November 3, 2008
4 more years!
And no I am not talking about the presidential election I am talking about Jason's 4th term serving on the Troy City Council. Today was his swearing in. I wish I had pictures from the previous 3 to share. My how things have changed. He was first elected to the council in August of 1996. He beat 2 others without a run off. We were only dating and not even engaged when he was sworn it. He was elected without opposition in August of 2000 and Will was not even 1 month old when he was sworn in. His 3rd term, he was also elected without opposition again in August of 2004. Will was 4, Drew was almost 3 and Ben was 1 1/2. This August, he was elected to his 4th term without opposition. Will is 8, Drew is 7, Ben is 5 1/2 and Kate is 11 1/2 months old. Can you say we have been busy? Three of the other council members have also served with Jason for all of his terms. One being Mr. Johnny Witherington. He happens to be the father of Will's teacher, Mrs. Ashley Tate and the grandfather of one of Drew's best friends Joel Tate. Needless to say Will and Drew were excited to be there today since Mrs. Tate and Joel were there too!! It was a nice morning and believe it or not I got some cute pictures! Please pray for our family for these next 4 years. Even City Politics can be hard sometimes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats Jason on another term. I'm looking forward to him becoming Mayor in the near future. Ok Elly, I'm on my way to Michaels to get the items for the kids. So I will painting for the rest of the day and night. I will have the frames when I get to Alabama tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you and the family.
Just got a chance to look at Jason election blog posting. So proud of you Jason as I know everyone else is too! Elly I love all your hard work posting and updating and sharing all of your beautiful blessed family.
Paw Paw & Dora are on their way up there. They left here this morning. It has been a wonderful visit. I know that you all will enjoy spending time together. He will have so much fun being with you all and enjoying the children. He has dreamed about this visit. I will pray that their visit is especially blessed. Love to all!
Post a Comment