Monday, November 10, 2008

Upward Basketball Tryouts

Last year First Baptist Church began an Upward Basketball league. The boys wanted to play but I did not let them because Kate was coming and I just didn't know what all we were going to be able to handle. I promised them this year they could play. So, tonight was tryouts. They all did great. The basket is a little low for Will but that should be good for his team because he did not miss very many of them. We should start practice after Thanksgiving and games start in January. They had to do the defensive slide, dribble with their right and left hands, and then shoot the basket. I was rather impressed!! We had Walker with us since Brett and Elizabeth were in Birmingham
When ran into Press and Payne. Here they are waiting patiently for their turn!
Drew doing the "slide"
Ben tries at dribbling. He cut his finger on his right hand this afternoon pretty bad. He was afraid he was not going to be able to do it but he did GREAT!

Walker shot first, He did not miss many!

Drew was next, he shot most of his too!

It was Ben's turn! He did great!

Will was last. Every time I took his picture he missed so I quit taking them!

.

post signature

No comments: