I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. We had a great day, however I was hoping for something like it was when I was a little girl. I remember getting up early and waiting for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to come on. We would leave early to go to my Granddaddy's house and some years play with my cousin when she was there. Other years we went to my aunt's house and visited with family. Since Jason and I have been married we eat Lunch with his family. In years past it has been great, but this year we got to his mom's house, ate and it seemed like everyone could not get out of there any faster than they did. The men especially, they had to get in a deer stand as quick as they could. We didn't even get a chance to visit with everyone. Now, I am not complaining that the men went to get in the deer stand, because they did take 2 of the boys with them so it makes the afternoon easier on me but still, isn't Thanksgiving about being with your family? I know you are all thinking I should just be thankful for having a family and food and I am, in fact very Thankful. I am thankful for my wonderful husband, 4 healthy children, wonderful parents, a great sister and brother-in-law, my niece and nephew, and wonderful in-laws but most of all I am thankful to God for all these many, many blessing in my life! I look around at everything I have from my family to the little things and I know that I am so fortunate for them all. I hope you are all having a great long weekend and getting ready for Christmas, it will be here before you know it. We are working on getting the house decorated but since it rained today our tree has to dry out! Maybe tomorrow before the Iron Bowl I can get some pictures posted. By the way...ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving
I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. We had a great day, however I was hoping for something like it was when I was a little girl. I remember getting up early and waiting for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to come on. We would leave early to go to my Granddaddy's house and some years play with my cousin when she was there. Other years we went to my aunt's house and visited with family. Since Jason and I have been married we eat Lunch with his family. In years past it has been great, but this year we got to his mom's house, ate and it seemed like everyone could not get out of there any faster than they did. The men especially, they had to get in a deer stand as quick as they could. We didn't even get a chance to visit with everyone. Now, I am not complaining that the men went to get in the deer stand, because they did take 2 of the boys with them so it makes the afternoon easier on me but still, isn't Thanksgiving about being with your family? I know you are all thinking I should just be thankful for having a family and food and I am, in fact very Thankful. I am thankful for my wonderful husband, 4 healthy children, wonderful parents, a great sister and brother-in-law, my niece and nephew, and wonderful in-laws but most of all I am thankful to God for all these many, many blessing in my life! I look around at everything I have from my family to the little things and I know that I am so fortunate for them all. I hope you are all having a great long weekend and getting ready for Christmas, it will be here before you know it. We are working on getting the house decorated but since it rained today our tree has to dry out! Maybe tomorrow before the Iron Bowl I can get some pictures posted. By the way...ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
uncly john is cute! haha.. how old is he?? hope he can't read this because that would be embarassing.. miss you guys!
tara :)
Post a Comment