Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Drew!


Seven years ago today, our 2nd son was born. When Will was only 5 months old, I found out I was pregnant with Drew. I could hardly believe it. It took so long to get Will that I just kind of thought he would be the only child! March of 2001, I thought maybe I ought to take a test. I kept waiting but nothing ever happened. On March 14, I finally broke down and took a test. I took the test strip to Jason while I cried at the same time. Will was such a hard baby. I just didn’t know how I could do 2 babies at a time but I had 9 months to figure it out. We told our family and everyone was so surprised. Yes, I know we were too!! We saw Dr. Ashurst on March 20 and he told us Drew would be here by November 11, 2001! He and Will would be almost 14 months apart!! I really wanted him to be a boy. I just thought it would be easier to have another boy since they were going to be so close together. On June 12, we found out indeed we were having another boy! At this point I was getting my confidence up. I knew God would not send me these precious babies if I could not do it. On November 2nd, I was induced. We thought it would be easier that way. We did not want to take the chance of my water breaking in the middle of the night like it did with Will. It would have been too crazy! Dr. A broke my water 7:30 am (we had to be there a 6am), I got my epidural at 8am. We were in for the long haul since it took Will all day to come. Drew, was a different story. He was ready to get here! They could not find Dr. A and I was ready. The nurse even tilted me backwards to keep gravity from pushing Drew anymore. Jason was rolling up his sleeves up and taking off his ring and watch. He washed his hands and said he was getting ready to catch Drew himself. We couldn’t put it off any longer in slipped Dr. Ashurst and caught Drew just in time. He was born at 9:11am. Only Bibbie, Lizzy, Lacey, Mama Sally and Gramps made it in time. Everyone else was on their way. Drew has not slowed down one bit. He was the best baby. God knew just what I needed! I remember sitting in the huge recliner rocker with Will on one side and Drew on the other. Will was feeding himself his bottle while I was feeding Drew. We were watching Barney. Will always liked to snuggle after his bottle, but not Drew. He wanted his bottle and then his bed. I didn’t really know how to do that but I did. Drew was always easy, up until lately!! You know I hate surprises...but I have to say of all the surprises I have ever had Drew by far is the best. Even though he tests me daily, I love him more than words can say. Now that he is older, I see a lot of myself in him. I know he does not look like me but when I sit with him doing homework it brings back so many memories of Nana and me doing homework. She had a lot more patience than I do!! Drew is a very smart little boy. He doesn’t miss ANYTHING! He even remembers things from 2 years ago or longer. He is a very good athlete but would rather go to Papa’s farm than anything else in the world. He can tell you about any John Deere Tractor you want to know about! He loves his brothers and sister dearly. He may not act like it but when it comes down to it, he doesn’t want anything to happen to them. I am so proud of Drew and can say that I am so glad God sent him to us. I could not imagine my life without him. He keeps our life exciting! He has already had 3 ER trips! That he gets from his Daddy!!!
I can hardly believe that he is 7 years old. He came into this world weighing 7lbs 11oz and he was 20 inches long. He weighs 48 lbs now. He stayed in the low 40’s for 2 years! He has grown into a healthy little boy. The past 7 years as your mama has been the best! Happy 7th Birthday Drew Baby – I love you so much ~Mama



post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drew Babba Lou Bop has every single one of us wrapped around his little finger. The girls better watch out!! I have a feeling they are ALL going to want to be his girlfriend!!

I love you, Drewby! Lizzy!