Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Kate!!


I can hardly believe that a year ago today Kate was born. I look at her every day and think how lucky I am to be her mom. Jason and I tried for at least a year to have one more baby. I wanted just 1 more. The boys had come so close to one another and had grown up so fast that I just wanted to be able to enjoy having 1 baby. I finally had given up the thought of having one more. We tried and it just was not in God’s plan for us to have 4 children. I was fine with that. We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary in March of 2007. We went to Disney World, just the 2 of us. We didn’t tell the boys we were going. They would have been so mad and they were when they found out. Spring Break was the end of March and we went to the beach. I wasn’t feeling so good on our usual boat ride to Lulu’s and then didn’t really feel like eating. I thought I had gotten “sea sick”! I never really felt better and when we finally got back to Troy I thought I might be pregnant, I took a test and sure enough I was! I learned when I was trying to get pregnant with Will that things do not always happen in your time, it all had to be in God’s time.
Being pregnant this time was hard! When I was pregnant with the boys it was so easy, but this time around, I was sick the entire 1st trimester. Everything about this pregnancy was different. We didn’t tell anyone for almost 6 weeks. Then the 1st weekend in May I got a stomach virus on top of the morning sickness. I thought I would die. I got dehydrated and Jason took me to the hospital for fluids. Of course then we had to let everyone know. We were planning on telling everyone anyway the next weekend for Mother’s Day anyway so what was one week early. I was nervous about telling everyone and I was so surprised at how excited they all were. I also got a surprise when I called my friend Misty. She has 3 boys just like me. She had just found out she was pregnant too! Hallelujah! I was not going to be the only “old” mama!
Deep down I wanted a girl and kind of thought I was having one but I did not want to get my hopes up. I would have been fine with another boy. I love my boys and I am so blessed to have them and if God gave me another one it would be okay. On July 2, 2007 I drove home from the beach to go to the Dr. for my ultrasound. Will, Ben, Bibbie, Lizzy, Lacey and Walker wanted a girl. Drew wanted another brother. I had left the boys with them at the beach that night while I came home. When we called with the news that we were having a Healthy Baby Girl, we got mixed emotions! Everyone was happy but Drew was crying. Neemama and Mama Sally cried too, but theirs were tears of joy! Drew finally got use to the idea of having a sister. He was the one that was into helping me put everything together. He was getting so excited! Kate’s due date was November 26, 2007. Only one problem, Drew was in Kindergarten and his Indian Pow Wow was November 15. I had to make it to that day no matter what. I was NOT missing his Pow Wow. Dr. Ashurst wanted to take Kate on the 14th but I said no we will have to do it on the 16th. Kate hung in there and waited!
We went in at 5am on November 16. Kate was born at 12:41 pm. She weighed 6 lbs, 14 oz and she was 20 inches long. She was beautiful! Our family was complete. I do not know what we did before she was born. She had brought so much more happiness to our family. I love watching the boys play with her. They all 3 love her to death. I really feel sorry for her one day. The boy she brings home will not even have a chance! She is such a wonderful baby. Her 1st night home she woke up once and she started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks old! Wow! The boys did not do that! She just goes with the flow because we are always on the go! I am so truly blessed with 4 healthy children. I do thank God for them every day. I love you more than words can say Kate, Happy Birthday!!
Daddy introduces Kate to her brothers
Will is a old pro at this now.
Ben - a Big Brother!!
Drew was the last one to hold Kate. He was not so sure of what to think.
Kate says come back later to see pictures from my party!


post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sweet story made me cry! I can't believe my baby nugget is already a year old! Where does the time go!?

Kate is going to end up more spoiled than Lacey because there are so many people spoiling her. She is such a joy to all of us and I don't know what we would do without her! She is going to give her brothers hell one day and I can't WAIT to see it!!

Happy Birthday baby girl!! I love you! Lizzy

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sweet baby!! i love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Your stories always make me cry! They are so sweet, just like you and your children!

Happy Birthday Kate. I wish I could be there! Can't wait to see the birthday pictures,

Love, Aunt Vanette