Thursday, July 24, 2008

Getting Ready for School


The other day I saw the boys uniforms in my linen closet. I have totally forgotten about them. They were still in the bags from where I had bought them. This year is our schools first year to wear uniforms. I am really kind of excited about it because it will make it easier to get the boys ready in the morning. We have a choice of white, blue or orange shirts and blue or khaki shorts or pants. I bought their clothes back in May when we were at the beach so I hit the outlets and got some really good deals. We have a closet full of orange shirts so I didn't buy any of those. Today, I thought I should get them out and make sure I had enough and the right sizes. Of course I had to get Will some more shorts and luckily I was able to get some on sale at Gap.com. They all fit except for one of Will's pair. It had to be missized. The boys are not so excited about it and wanted to know who's idea it was to wear uniforms. Then I told them they had to tuck their shirts in. That made them even more mad! Anyway, they will get over it!!

Friday night Will begins his tournament. Our team plays at 8PM in Dothan. We will play again at 11AM on Saturday and then we have a heat break. At that point the tournament officials will cede the teams and the actual tournament will begin at 2PM. It is double elimination. I usually do not pray over ballgames but I am for this one and I ask that you do too. I do not want to pray that we win however, it will be nice if we do, but I do ask that you pray that the boys play their hardest and not get down if we do not win or play our best. Most of the teams playing in this tournament are travel ball teams which means they are probably much better than we are. I also pray that if we loose all of our games that our boys do not get discouraged about their ability to play baseball. All of our boys are really good but most of them are only 7 years old. This is an 8 and under tournament but I am expecting these other teams to be mostly 8 years old. I will let you know how it goes. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look SOOOO cute!!

BTW, you picked the blog wallpaper that I was going to get from Leelee. Waaaaaaaa!

I don't know if she does them for Mac or not, but I emailed her. Guess I will have to pick a new one! Great minds think alike!