Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We made it to the Beach!!


Well, finally we have made it to the beach for a whole week. It has been too long since we have gotten to stay for a long time. Me, Drew, Ben and Kate came down on Monday and left Will and Jason at home. Will has baseball practice and Jason of course has to work. Will made the tournament team so that is why he has practice. Every night this week and then he and Jason will come down Thursday night for the weekend. I thought Will would be upset that he was not getting to come but he was not. He loves baseball that much. Oh well!! All of the children, including Walker were up before 7am this morning. (Walker, Brett and Mom are also down. Lacey and Elizabeth are in New York!) By 9am the boys had their swimsuits on ready to go out and play. So out we go. At VBS last week the theme was "Beach Party" and each day we had a video with Sandy Castle. He taught them how to surf. Imagine the boys with their boogie boards in the pool trying to surf!! They were able to stay on for a few seconds. Here are some pictures!!
Practicing on dry land first




Baby Kate got her own pool!!
You all know I have this thing about frogs. Not the real ones but cartoon like ones. We found this frog pool at Wal-mart and Kate just had to have it! She loves the water and she had so much fun sitting in it and playing. The boys could not stand it. They wanted to get in it so bad. Ben even said "I wish I was a baby so I could have this pool!" I finally let them get in with her 1 at a time.

No comments: