Can not believe that Kate is 8 months old today. It seems just like yesterday I was posting her at 7 months. The time has so flown by. Today, for her 8 month birthday as we call it, she was drug all over Montgomery. Ben's birthday is July 28 and he wants an Indiana Jones party. He can't ever choose something easy. Every year I get their cakes at Cake Designs in Montgomery because to me they are the best. They also decorate them really cute. I didn't figure they would have an Indiana Jones cake so I looked all day online yesterday for ideas. The only thing I could find was the cake topper that you would get on a Wal-Mart cake. This was the reason for the trip to Montgomery. I thought certainly I could find one of these at Hobby Lobby but no Indiana Jones stuff. I gave up and went straight to Target to just get a small toy. Their Indiana Jones stuff was slim but we found something small enough that would work. Our next reason to go to Montgomery was to buy new tennis shoes for school. I decided I was not waiting until the last minute like I did last year and it is a good thing I didn't. The new shoe to have here is the Under Armour one. We got the last 1 and 1 1/2 and Dick's Sporting Goods and they didn't have any style in Will's size. This always happens to him. He is really the only one that cares what style shoe he gets any way. The little boys just want what he gets. So here begins our trip around Montgomery. Our next stop was Hibbit's. They don't even sell Under Armour Tennis shoes and told me the reason was because they are not selling well. I was puzzled. Then we go to the Sport's Authority and thank goodness they had them. I was running out of ideas and we had to get to Cake Designs to order the cake. So, off to the cake store we go. I walked in with my Indiana Jones toy and asked her do something with it. And guess what she said...I just did the neatest Indiana Jones cake, here is a picture would you like this? I was thrilled. If I had only gone there first I would not have wasted so much time. I took the toy home and Ben is playing with it now. It was just me, the boys and Kate and all 4 of them were so good. Kate is such a trooper. She just goes with the flow! We got home at 4:30 just to get back in the car and drive to Enterprise to watch one of the Troy teams play in the State Tournament. They won in 4 innings by the 10 run rule. 11-1. Tomorrow they will play and hopefully bring home the championship. I guess you can tell by now we like baseball.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Kate is 8 months old!
Can not believe that Kate is 8 months old today. It seems just like yesterday I was posting her at 7 months. The time has so flown by. Today, for her 8 month birthday as we call it, she was drug all over Montgomery. Ben's birthday is July 28 and he wants an Indiana Jones party. He can't ever choose something easy. Every year I get their cakes at Cake Designs in Montgomery because to me they are the best. They also decorate them really cute. I didn't figure they would have an Indiana Jones cake so I looked all day online yesterday for ideas. The only thing I could find was the cake topper that you would get on a Wal-Mart cake. This was the reason for the trip to Montgomery. I thought certainly I could find one of these at Hobby Lobby but no Indiana Jones stuff. I gave up and went straight to Target to just get a small toy. Their Indiana Jones stuff was slim but we found something small enough that would work. Our next reason to go to Montgomery was to buy new tennis shoes for school. I decided I was not waiting until the last minute like I did last year and it is a good thing I didn't. The new shoe to have here is the Under Armour one. We got the last 1 and 1 1/2 and Dick's Sporting Goods and they didn't have any style in Will's size. This always happens to him. He is really the only one that cares what style shoe he gets any way. The little boys just want what he gets. So here begins our trip around Montgomery. Our next stop was Hibbit's. They don't even sell Under Armour Tennis shoes and told me the reason was because they are not selling well. I was puzzled. Then we go to the Sport's Authority and thank goodness they had them. I was running out of ideas and we had to get to Cake Designs to order the cake. So, off to the cake store we go. I walked in with my Indiana Jones toy and asked her do something with it. And guess what she said...I just did the neatest Indiana Jones cake, here is a picture would you like this? I was thrilled. If I had only gone there first I would not have wasted so much time. I took the toy home and Ben is playing with it now. It was just me, the boys and Kate and all 4 of them were so good. Kate is such a trooper. She just goes with the flow! We got home at 4:30 just to get back in the car and drive to Enterprise to watch one of the Troy teams play in the State Tournament. They won in 4 innings by the 10 run rule. 11-1. Tomorrow they will play and hopefully bring home the championship. I guess you can tell by now we like baseball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, the Hibbett's in Troy said that they can't keep the Under Armour shoes in stock. They sold out their first shipment on the first day. Go figure. Lacey and Walker both have those as well. Under Armour's stock has also grown exponentially since they came on the market, so it looks like Montgomery has some catching up to do! LOL!
Post a Comment