Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our Last Day and The Jellyfish strike again!


On Saturday Will wanted Deeda to take us to an island by boat so we could swim. So since he had not been there all week, off we went! Drew and Ben wanted to just go to a sandbar and Will of course wanted to go to an island so on the point of Ono Island we found a sandbar between 2 smaller islands so we made our own island a pulled up on it. We named it the "Terrible Three". It was just our family. Brett, Walker and Bibbie went back to welcome Lizzy and Lacey home from NYC. Which by the way they got home safe and sound and we are so glad! 10 days was way too long. Anyway, I put Kate on the sand just as some small waves could hit her feet. I thought she would like it but she did not. I am not sure if it was the sand or the waves.
Once I picked her up and she was fine.
The boys on the other hand had a blast. Their daddy got in the water with them and played.



It has been a long time since he was able to do that.

After Jason got out, the boys were just enjoying being in some nice water and jumping waves when all of a sudden Will jumped and starting screaming that he was itching all over. The jellyfish strikes again. Out with the ammonia bottle again.
After that no one wanted to get back in the water. Will would not even get back in the water to swim 2 feet to the latter. It took me, Jason and Amy to pull him in the boat. We took a pleasure ride back to the house and Kate, Jason and Deeda got a nap. I starting cleaning and Amy and the kids watch Ratatouille. Deeda took us to Geno's for dinner and it was soooo good. Deeda normally does not take us out to eat because the boys act like children and not adults and he doesn't like that. They were very good so maybe Deeda will take us out again!! If you are ever in Orange Beach you must eat at Geno's. It is by far the best restaurant in town. They have sushi if you like that. Jason says it is the best. And he eats it everywhere we go. The crab cake is by far the best in my opinion. I eat those everywhere we go too so I think I should know!!! Deeda's volcano roll was served with seaweed salad and guess who eats that and loves it. Ben!! He first had it at Disney World when he was 2. By the way Deeda, Thanks for dinner we enjoyed it very much!!After, our yummy dinner we took the boys to play putt putt. We did not keep score but if we had Jason would have won! We had a great time on our last day at the beach!








Time for Putt Putt at Adventure Island















Drew is first

Then It's Will's turn
Jason making one of his many Holes in one!
Ben gets his turn!
Only our Aunt Amy wears 3in heels to play putt putt. (She did not know we were going. It was a last minute decision since the boys were so good at dinner!)
Kate and I just watched.












Something about volcanoes on this trip. This one would make loud noises and blow fire from the top like it was erupting. It was cool. I had to take a picture of the boys standing in front of it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Glad you had such a great vacation & 4th of July. you are so good at updating your blog! how in the world do you find the time?!!