This first started Sunday morning when I was meeting Richelle up the street to get some of Press' birthday cake. I have this flower arrangement that hangs on my door and when you open the door to walk out the arrangement is right at your head. Well, out the door I go and just about had a heart attack. A bird flew out of the flower arrangement and inch from my face and nearly scared me to death. I really kind of forgot about it and went on with my day. Drew had his friend Joel over to play that afternoon and when his mom came to get him I opened the door to let her in and guess what flew in my house...yes the bird. We have had lizards get in and I can get those, I do not like them but I have learned how to catch them we have so many. The bird was a job for the Daddy. I got him up and told him there was a bird in the house. At that point the bird was in the living room. Jason got the broom. While he was getting the broom, me and Ashley walked on back to the playroom to get Joel. As we were walking to the front door here comes the bird and it landed on the door frame of the laundry room. I went to close the doors of my room, Kate's room and her bathroom and told the boys to close there doors. By then the bird was in the kitchen and Ashley's oldest son Luke came in to use the bathroom. Finally, after the bird had come to the dining room and back to the kitchen he finally flew into the floor by the front door and Luke slid in and got his shirt over the bird and pushed it out the door. Thank God For Luke. Too much excitement for 10:00 at night. After the Tate's left I took the flower arrangement down off the door to find a small nest inside. And guess what is inside the nest, bird eggs!!!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Bird on the loose!!
This first started Sunday morning when I was meeting Richelle up the street to get some of Press' birthday cake. I have this flower arrangement that hangs on my door and when you open the door to walk out the arrangement is right at your head. Well, out the door I go and just about had a heart attack. A bird flew out of the flower arrangement and inch from my face and nearly scared me to death. I really kind of forgot about it and went on with my day. Drew had his friend Joel over to play that afternoon and when his mom came to get him I opened the door to let her in and guess what flew in my house...yes the bird. We have had lizards get in and I can get those, I do not like them but I have learned how to catch them we have so many. The bird was a job for the Daddy. I got him up and told him there was a bird in the house. At that point the bird was in the living room. Jason got the broom. While he was getting the broom, me and Ashley walked on back to the playroom to get Joel. As we were walking to the front door here comes the bird and it landed on the door frame of the laundry room. I went to close the doors of my room, Kate's room and her bathroom and told the boys to close there doors. By then the bird was in the kitchen and Ashley's oldest son Luke came in to use the bathroom. Finally, after the bird had come to the dining room and back to the kitchen he finally flew into the floor by the front door and Luke slid in and got his shirt over the bird and pushed it out the door. Thank God For Luke. Too much excitement for 10:00 at night. After the Tate's left I took the flower arrangement down off the door to find a small nest inside. And guess what is inside the nest, bird eggs!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL, I wish I had been there to see that! We had a bird nest in a fern last year outside our front door and I scared the momma bird when I watered the plant one day. I had NO clue there was a nest in there when I was watering the plant. Well, she never came back and the eggs just sat there. It was sad but there wasn't much I could do at that point! Hopefully your momma bird will find her eggs and get back to sittin! She is a BRAVE bird to take up at y'alls house!
Post a Comment