Monday, July 21, 2008

The Weekend

Well, Friday morning I woke up and decided we were going to the beach for the weekend. It was our last free weekend to go before school starts. It was me and the kids, Jason had to work but Mom, Dad, Elizabeth, Brett, Lacey, Walker and Lacey's friend Natalie were all there too. We had a great time and brave Elizabeth took all six kids to Waterville Saturday. They said they had a blast and I believe they did they were gone from 11:00 until about 4:00. I must say Lizzy is a much better aunt than I am. I could not do it by myself! Thanks Lizzy! I am sorry, I did not take any pictures.

Last night Drew spent the night with Neemama and Papa (Jason's mom and dad) and this morning he popped out of bed at 5am to go to the farm with Papa. They fed the hogs and cut grass and all that kind of stuff. He was literally in HOG HEAVEN!! He got back to their house and fell fast asleep! He went back again this afternoon with Amy. I think he would rather go up there everyday than be here! He loves it!

This afternoon I was nearly in tears. We went to Wal-mart to buy every one's school supplies. I remember as a little girl how much I loved to go buy my new school supplies. That really was the only thing I loved about school. Anyway, when we get home from buying our supplies, we get it all out and label it. Then we get it all packed up and ready for school. Ben was so excited about getting his stuff out. I showed him his tote bag that I had had for months. It is from Pottery Barn Kids and it has sharks on it and has a matching lunch box. You would have thought it was Christmas morning. He could not wait to get all his things in his bag. We sat on the floor and he helped me label everything and he put it all in his school box. I was nearly in tears watching him put all his things up and I told him I could not believe that he was going to Kindergarten. I told him I was going to cry like a baby on the first day. He told me, Mama, don't worry I will always be you baby boy. How sweet. I hope he does always remember that. It is a good thing that I have Kate. If not, next year would not be easy for me. I just have 5 years to prepare for Kate's first day of school. Now that is going to be bad!

Kate has learned some new things over the weekend since she turned 8 months old. She makes a noise that sounds like she is kissing you. She is also trying her hardest to move around on the floor. She can scoot on her bottom and move her legs to get to things that she can't reach. She also will roll over on her back and push herself with her feet across the floor. Last night she waved bye-bye while she was saying da-da, da-da! She was so proud of herself! I was too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to emphasize the fact that I AM THE COOLEST AUNT/MOM ever! Just in case you all didn't get that little ditty about the water park. Yep, I took 6 kids to the water park ALL BY MYSELF!! Woot! The reason there are no pictures, is, well, its hard to schlep up 7 flights of stairs holding a double raft and take photos! Duh! We had a great time and 3 beers at dinner made me very happy! I was in the bed by 9:30pm that night!